When: Saturday, June 5th, 2010. From 9:00~1:00.
What: We're having the last of four workdays this spring at Matson Hill Park, and everyone is invited. Mountain bikers, hikers, and trail runners are all welcome, so don’t be bashful about showing up.
This is the continuation of a multi-year project, and we hope to TRIPLE OR QUADRUPLE the current trail mileage at Matson by the time we’re finished.
From the Highway 40/94 interchange,
• Take Highway 94 South for 7.4 miles to F (turn right on F).
• Stay on F for 3 miles, then turn left on Stub Road. Follow Stub Road for ~.5 miles to gate, and follow directions from there. Or,
• Click this for a Google map link. Clicking the green bike will give you the “get directions” link. (For some reason, the last instruction just has you turning left off of F, without naming the road. That's Stub Road.)
What to bring: Gloves, Sturdy shoes, eye protection, and something to drink on the trail. It’s also a good idea to read through pilznr’s “What to expect at a workday” post, available via this link; http://gorctrails.com/board/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3711
Why: To add more multi-use single track (natural surface) trail to the existing Matson loop. This is Phase One of a multi phase project, eventually utilizing 400+ acres of new Park property.
Please RSVP via ONE of the following (to make sure we bring enough food):
• The St. Charles County Park's (SCCP) office [636-949-7535],
• through the WebTrac registration system on the parks website, http://parks.sccmo.org/parks/
• or on this thread.
GORC & St. Charles County Parks will provide: Trail building tools, instructions on trail building, safety guidelines, and lunch.
Bring your bike or trail shoes if you want to try what you built after lunch.
NOTICE: In case of bad weather, please call the St. Charles County Parks (SCCP's) Trail Hotline (636-949-7475, option #2). SCCP's will only leave a message about the workday if it's cancelled.