Craig at the new DeClue creek crossing completed at the Dec. 12th Greensfelder workdayWhen: Saturday, December 19th, 2009. From 9:00am-1:00pm.
What: We're having the last workday of the year at Matson Hill Park, and everyone is invited.
This is the continuation of a multi-year project, and we hope to TRIPLE OR QUADRUPLE the current trail mileage at Matson by the time we’re finished.
Directions: Please note that we are not parking at the main Matson Trailhead/parking lot.
From the Highway 40/94 interchange:
• Take Highway 94 South for 7.4 miles to F (turn right on F).
• Stay on F for 3 miles, then turn left on Stub Road. Follow Stub Road for ~.5 miles to gate, and follow directions from there.
• You can also click this for a Google map link. Clicking the green bike will give you the “get directions” link.
What to bring: Gloves, Sturdy shoes, eye protection, and something to drink on the trail. It’s also a good idea to read through the article “What to expect at a workday”.
Why: To add more multi-use single track (natural surface) trail to the existing Matson loop. This is Phase One of a multi phase project, eventually utilizing 400+ acres of new Park property.
Please RSVP via ONE of the following (to make sure we bring enough food):
- The St. Charles County Park's (SCCP) office [636-949-7535],
- through the WebTrac registration system on the parks website, http://parks.sccmo.org/parks/
- or on this thread.
GORC & St. Charles County Parks will provide: Trail building tools, instructions on trail building, safety guidelines, and lunch (menu still TBD, but rumored to be Bekin’s chicken chili).