We should be finishing two stretches of new trail on the Dogwood trail at Greensfelder Park Saturday, making for a loop that's double what it used to be, better quality and more sustainable of course.
Work goes from 9am to 1pm. Lunch will be provided by St. Louis County Parks afterwards. To preregister and ensure a piece of a sandwich, email Kay at email@example.com or call 314-638-2100 by Thursday. Please say you're with GORC, as they're already booked full for other volunteer groups. Boots, long pants, and gloves are highly recommended. Gloves and eyewear are available. Bring a mcleod, pulaski, shovel, digging bar or rock bar, whatever you have, as this is shaping up to be the biggest GF workday yet. And of course bring your bike for a ride after lunch!
Meet at Dogwood Shelter (not Muckerman like the original flyer said)
* Hwy 44 to Six Flags exit, Allenton Road North
* Go past six flags, into Greensfelder Park, just past the visitor's center, turn left on Hencken Road
* Go past Muckerman shelter and the operations office (it's a house) on your left
* Take the next left into the parking lot.
* Look for the St. Louis County Parks tool trailer.
St. Louis County has really recruited some volunteers for Saturday so we've got a special request out for experienced trailbuilders, anyone who's done this before counts. If you're a biker who's new to trailbuilding, (or if you're busy Saturday) consider SIU-Edwardsville on Sunday instead. It'll be a little smaller and more intimate, and lots of fun. Or just go nuts and do both.